Still operating under COVID-19 restrictions, the track was unable to open the front gates for spectators, but drivers were able to come and enter competition with limited crew.
Rob Hetrick was one of the racers in Gianni Mazia’s MOD and passed away from cancer over the winter. A memorial race was held in his honor with the weekly payout increased to $4000 with contributions from competitors, family and friends. Multi time track Champion Dale Eckert took home the $1500 to win over Mason Fix.
Don Becker, on his Ski-Doo snowmobile was the first competitor in Buffalo Chopper Bikes & Sleds to take out Mike Peters this season. Peters was undefeated so far this season until meeting Becker in the final.
Jan Winkowski won Mallare Trucking Top class over Dan Hinrich when Hinrich fouled on the starting line.
TOP 8 was won by Lucas Salemi, who moved into a dragster after winning the Bikes & Sleds Class Championship last season. Dave Cleveland was the runner-up.
Wayne Kofahl from Chili took home the win in Tread City Discount Tire Street over Dominic Pace. Next Friday July 24 will bring another full card of Drag Racing accompanied by Buffalo Street Outlaw Limited Street 6.50 and 5.50 classes. Tuesday July 21 is Senior Nostalgia, Junior Dragster, Trophy and test & tune. Wednesday will be Grudge Drags .
Gianni Mazia MOD Robert Hetrick Memorial Race
- Mason Fix Cambria, NY .5462 RT 7.24 Index 7.2328 ET 92.20
- W) Dale Eckert S Wales, NY .5279 RT 7.25 Index 7.2661 ET 91.64
Tread City Tire STREET
- Dominic Pace Niag Falls, NY .5740 RT 11.87 Index 12.174 ET 59.44
- W) Wayne Kofahl Chili, NY .5271 RT 9.91 Index 10.1119 ET 63.91
Buffalo Chopper Bikes & Sleds
- W) Don Becker Alden, NY .5340 RT 6.98 Index 7.0079 ET 88.26
- Mike Peters Angola, NY .5798 RT 5.57 Index 5.5881 ET 122.61
- W) Lucas Salemi Clarence Ctr, NY .5250 RT 5.25 Index 5.2609 ET 129.69
- Dave Cleveland Holley, NY .5270 RT 5.21 Index 5.2329 ET 135.15
Mallare Trucking TOP
- W) Jan Winkowski Cheektowaga, NY .5329 RT 6.75 Index 6.7379 ET 100.67
- Daniel Hinrich Pavilion, NY .4920 RT 6.15 Index 6.1380 ET 115.89